St. Francis High School proudly welcomes students from all over the world. The vision of our International Student Program is to nurture international understanding, to create memorable and diverse learning opportunities, to transform critical intercultural perspectives, and to promote global connections. Some of our international students attend St. Francis High School for a few months looking for an “American experience” and to enhance their English language skills. Other international students attend multiple years, ultimately earning a St. Francis High School diploma. Since the start of our program in 2012, we’ve welcomed students from Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Ukraine, Vietnam, and Russia.
Our International Student Program team consists of dedicated teachers and professionals who focus on the entire student; academic, social, and personal. We offer many layers of support which foster the comprehensive development of each student. St. Francis High School attracts academically focused students who engage, excel, and explore through our comprehensive curriculum. Some of the colleges and universities attended by our international students include Boston College, New York University, Ohio State University, Pennsylvania State University, University of California – Berkley, University of Illinois, University of Virginia, and Stanford University.
St. Francis High School is authorized under the United States Federal Government to enroll non-immigrant students. We issue I-20 forms, which allows a student to obtain an F-1 Student Visa.
International Students must identify their host family for the duration of their stay in the United States. St. Francis High School is unable to assist in retaining host families.
St. Francis High School is accepting applications for the 2023-2024 school year. In order to assess a student’s potential for success in the curricular and co-curricular educational programs, the following information is required for admission consideration:
- Completed online application, which includes a $35 application fee
- Step 1: Complete your pre-application Inquiry Form.
- Step 2: Once our IT Department processes your inquiry, you will receive an invitation email from our portal provider (Blackbaud) to finish setting up your account. Please accept the invitation to access the mySFHS Portal.
- Step 3: Complete your application to St. Francis High School through the MySFHS Portal.
- The following documents must be uploaded to your Admissions account through the MySFHS Portal.
- Full transcript from the student’s current school
- A progress report of the student’s current coursework
- Standardized test results (if available)
- Official TOEFL or other English Language Proficiency test results
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from an English teacher
- A copy of the student’s passport
When all required components of the application are uploaded to your Admissions account, a video interview will be scheduled.
All students interested in the International Student Program, please contact Mrs. Beth Erazmus ’89 Wiborg: email@example.com